My Books

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

MY WORKS IN PROGRESS


MY WORKS IN PROGRESS

I have the author blues. I’m sure I’m not the only author that suffers from this. I have many author problems. The one that plagues me on a regular basis is, what should I write. If you are a writer that has a singular idea and has the aptitude to focus on that idea and none other than this doesn’t apply to you. I also do a slow clap for you. You are amazing. No really you are superhuman.

My problem is I’m in capable of focusing on one book at a time. When people find out I’m an author they always say “Oh it must be hard to have to come up with things to write about.” I sigh and my speech is always the same. Material to write about and ideas have never been a problem for me. I never, I mean never run out of ideas. My problem is I have too many ideas, so many in fact that I can’t seem to concentrate on only one, or two, or three.

I’m the writer that works on more than one book at a time. I pray that I actually finish a book. I honestly am amazed that I have been able to finish a complete book. If you were in my head you would understand my severe problem with focus. It is extremely frustrating for me. I constantly feel like I’m letting my readers down. I think I could produce more books if only I could concentrate on one story at a time. This is precisely why I have given up on giving exact release dates for upcoming titles. My brain gets distracted too easily.

I’m sure I’m being too hard on myself. But then again once you see my list of works in progress you may be inclined to agree with me. These are just the books I’ve been working on for the last 30 days that are over three thousand words. I have at least 20 more works in progress. So with no further ado here is the list of my current WIP’s.

The Truth Behind The Lies 2          19,364
Female cop book in 1st person          9,099
Female cop book in 3rd person         8,557
Untitled random idea                          7,125
Male cop book                                      5,072
La Femme Selita 2                               4,415
Spy book                                                4,122
Prequel of old book                             3,870
Fox Brothers Book 3                           3,382           

The total word count could have easily been one or two books if added together. As you can see I’m all over the place. I need a pill that helps me finish one book at a time. Although this feels overwhelming at times I should rejoice in the fact that my schizophrenic author brain has published 13 Lolah Lace titles and 6 Krystell Lake titles.

My mantra is one day I’m going to get my sh*t together. I sure hope so.
            

1 comment:

  1. Ca-ray-zay!!!! I'm just ready for a book. Any book :D

    ReplyDelete